This article covers how to select and play music in each zone. You can manage or change the music in the following ways:
Click here to learn how to fill Your Music with awesome content that fits your business at all times.
There are 2 ways to select music or schedules to play in a zone:
From Your Music:
- Go into the playlists, stations or schedules page
- Click the play symbol on the relevant collection you wish to listen to.
- A pop-up list of all the zones of your account will appear and you can select the one you prefer.
Note - You can play the same music in all or several zones at once. Here's how:
- Go to Your Music page
- Click on the play symbol of the playlist, station or schedule you choose.
- A drop-down menu of your zones will appear: click on “select all zones”, or tick only specific zones.
- On your Zones page, click on the name of the desired zone.
- Click on the title of the music currently playing.
- A pop-up of your music library will appear, from which you can select different music. Press 'play' to select a playlist or station.
Limit music selection in the app
If you want to control what music employees have access to, you can limit the music available in the app. To do this, simply click on Account settings and turn on the toggle of Limit music selection in apps. This setting will apply to all zones on your account. It will hide the discover page and the possibility to add new music in the iOS, Android, and Sonos players.
Enable the explicit filter
If you want to avoid playing music with sensitive lyrics, login to your account here. Click on Account settings and turn on the toggle of Block all explicit songs. You will still be able to play all of our stations and playlists (even the ones tagged as "explicit"), but all songs marked as explicit will be automatically blocked.
For more detailed information about our explicit filter, check this article.
Change the music on site
A user on site that has access to the player or remote app can do the following:
- Android, iOS player, or the remote app: choose what music to play from what has been added by the admin and found in Your Music.
- Windows player: you cannot change the music from within the windows application. The admin needs to log into the account here to change the music playback.
While playing music, you are able to skip to the next song. Here's how:
- On iOS and Android: click on the symbol for skipping.
- On Windows: right-click the Soundtrack Player icon in the tray on the bottom right next to your time, and press skip track.