This article covers how to assign the music to play in each zone. You can manage or change the music in the following ways:
Click here to learn how to fill Your Music with awesome content that fits your business at all times.
There are 2 ways to assign music or schedules to a zone:
From Your Music:
- Go into the playlists, stations or schedules page
- Click the play symbol on the relevant collection you wish to listen to.
- A pop-up list of all the zones of your account will appear and you can select the one you prefer.
Note - You can assign the same music to all or several zones at once.
- Go to Your Music page
- Click on the play symbol of the playlist, station or schedule you choose.
- A drop-down menu of your zones will appear: click on “select all zones”, or tick only specific zones.
- On your Zones page, click on the name of the desired zone.
- Click on the title of the music currently playing.
- A pop up of your music library will appear, from which you can select different music.
Restrict music in app
If you want to have control over the music that employees have access to through the player app, you can restrict the music available in the app. To do this, simply click on Account settings and turn on the toggle of Limit music selection in apps. This setting will apply to all zones on your account, and it will hide the discover page and the possibility to add new music in the iOS, Android and Sonos players.
Enable the explicit filter
If you want to avoid playing music with sensitive lyrics, simply login to business.soundtrackyourbrand.com. Click on Account settings and turn on the toggle of Block all explicit songs. You will still be able to play all of our stations and playlists (even the ones tagged as "explicit"), but all songs marked as explicit will be automatically blocked.
For more detailed information about our explicit filter, check this article.
Change the music on site
If the user on site has access to the player or remote app, they can do the following:
- Android, iOS player, or the remote app: decide what music is playing by choosing from the music that the admin added to the account and that is found in Your Music.
- Windows player: you cannot change the music from within the application. The admin needs to log in on business.soundtrackyourbrand.com to change the music playback.
While playing music, you are able to skip to the next song.
- On iOS and Android: simply click on the symbol for skipping.
- On Windows, right-click the Soundtrack Player icon in the tray on the bottom right next to your time, and press skip track.