Before you can start playing music, you need to connect your device to a location using a pairing code. A pairing code is created once you've selected which device to use. A pairing code is unique and can be used once, but you can easily unpair your current device and pair it with a new device whenever you want. This article covers how to:
Pair your device
1. You manage your locations and players on your account so start by logging into business.soundtrackyourbrand.com with your email address and password.
2. To access a pairing code, you need to create a location. A location is usually created during the onboarding steps. Follow this getting started guide to add your first location if you haven't already.
If you've already created a location, simply click on Locations in the top menu. Choose to create a new one, or click on the name of a current one. Note that the subscription for the location needs to be active for you to be able to start playing music. Click on activate subscription directly, or when you're ready to start using playing music in the specific location.
3. Under Set up, click on which device you want to pair.
4. Follow the steps for the device you selected below:
1. You're asked to pair your player and a pairing code is shown on your screen. Download the Soundtrack Player app on the App Store or Google Play.
2. Open the app on your Mobile or Tablet, enter the code and click on connect player.
1. You're asked to pair your player and a pairing code is shown on your screen. Click on the Windows 10 logo to download the app.
2. Open the Soundtrack Player app on your Windows PC, enter the code and click on connect player.
3. Your device is now connected! Music will start playing automatically. Learn more about how to use the Windows player.
1. To connect your Soundtrack Player please enter the Device ID found on the bottom of the device and click connect player.
2. Your device is now connected! Music will start playing automatically but please note that it can take up to 15 minutes since the Soundtrack Player will update to the latest software version if needed. Learn more about how to use the Soundtrack player.
Unpair a device and switch to another player
This part of the article can be helpful if you'd like to:
- Switch the device you use to play music
- Experience issues when trying to pair a device and need to generate a new pairing code
Switching to a new device is easy. Since each location is connected to a dedicated device, you need to unpair the current one before you can pair a different device. Simply follow these instructions:
1. Click on Locations in the top menu, and then on the name of your location where you either want to use another device or generate a new pairing code. Note that if you only have one location you will automatically be brought to the location view.
2. Under Player, click Unpair next to the device you are currently using.
3. The device is now unpaired. Follow these instructions to pair your new device.