In this article, you will learn how to fill Your Music with awesome content that fits your business at all times.
- Ready-made playlists
- Artist stations
- Create your own sound
Our library contains 350+ playlists curated by our experts. Organized around a music genre or theme, each playlist can provide dozens of hours of music and contains a balanced mix of hits and lesser-known songs to generate the maximum benefit to your business.
Our Ready-made playlists automatically update on a weekly basis to guarantee fresh content!
Here is how you can find and save them into Your Music:
- Go to the Discover page in the top menu
- Use the search bar on the right-hand side if you are looking for something specific, or explore the Discover page - scrolling down you can also find them divided per businesses, decades, genres, etc.
- Once you find what you are looking for, you can save it to Your Music or press play from the three dots on the upper right corner of the playlist’s cover.
- Due to their core concept, some ready-made playlists don’t update as much as others. For example: playlists with hits of specific decades (e.g. Hits of the 80s), top charts, or holiday-themed music.
On the Discover page, type in a name to get an AI-generated station of songs by that artist and artists producing similar music. It's like your favorite musicians suddenly recorded more albums at the click of a button.
- Go to the Discover page in the top menu and locate the search bar on the right-hand side
- Search for the artist and your station will be created. You can save it to Your Music, use it in schedules, or just press play.
Artist stations in Sonos
Use the search function in the Sonos app to type in a name to get an AI-generated station based on them and similar artists. When using Sonos search, results from other streaming apps like Spotify will come up, be sure to select the result from Soundtrack!
Create your own sound
Your list of songs in full control. Add songs one by one or import a Spotify playlist:
- Create playlists from scratch by searching for an artist, a particular song, or record label like you're used to.
- Import a Spotify playlist you have already created because you know it will work in your business:
- Log into your account from a web browser
- Go to the Create page and, under Playlists, click on from search or import
- Choose add songs via search to search in the Soundtrack catalog or import songs from a Spotify playlist to drag and drop a Spotify playlist or connect your Spotify account.
You can choose whether the playlist plays in linear or shuffled order.
Please note that this feature is only available for Soundtrack Unlimited customers.
A constant stream of shuffled music created on the base of tags or of an imported Spotify playlist.
Click on mood, energy, and genre tags, and the AI instantly produces a station to match your choices.
It is important to keep in mind your business type and the general ambiance you want to present to your customers. For example, for your rock bar, you might select high-energy rock and perhaps even a certain decade. If you own a spa, you might avoid selecting a “rugged” or “expressive” sound.
- Use the create tab in the iOS or Android app, or click on Create when logged into your account from a browser.
- Select the option to create a station from tags.
- Select in the ingredients - Energy, Genre, Sound, and Decade. In this step, you will also be able to choose if you want to allow explicit content or not.
- Click Save! You can always change the tags of your station later.
A new Station can be instantly generated from a Spotify playlist. You can use any playlist with a minimum of 5 songs and our AI will top it up with 100 songs that match the original vibe.
- Click on Create when logged into your account from a browser.
- Select the option to create a station from a playlist.
- Drag & drop a Spotify playlist or click on Connect to Spotify.
- If an imported song appears in grey it is unavailable for playback in your account’s country for licensing reasons. This is subject to continuous changes.
- If the headphone symbol next to an imported track is grey it is unavailable to preview, but it is still available to stream.
Use our drag-and-drop scheduling tool to schedule the music in advance and make sure that the right songs are playing when and where they should be. Drag and drop playlists into the calendar to meet business hours, expected rush times, holidays, and more, down to the quarter-hour.
It's also possible to mix stations and playlists in the same time slot, thus creating more variation and avoiding repetitions. Learn more about our fantastic Schedule tool here.