We have launched a feature for iOS and Android that lets you control the music from the Soundtrack Player app. This is the first step towards an Android app with expanded controls and the ability to invite users to manage zones. If you only want to give access for controlling one specific zone, use the Remote app for iOS.
Some important notes about the Control feature
- It can only be accessed when using the log-in option. It will not work with the pairing code.
- The control feature gives remote access to all zones on the accounts the user has access to.
- In addition to control, the user will also have access to all the other features available in the Soundtrack Player app.
How to use the Control feature
- Download the Soundtrack Player app.
- Open the app and log in.
- Click on your Account, and then on the Location.
- Under Zones, choose the playback device you would like to control.
- A notification will confirm that you have control over this zone. You can manage playlists, skip tracks, adjust the volume, and enable or disable shuffle playback.
To start playing music from the zone you are currently controlling, follow these steps:
- Click on the window located at the bottom of the app.
- Select the playback device.
- A prompt will notify you that if you take over playback, it will stop the music on the previously controlled device and start playback on your own device.
Enjoy the convenience of controlling your zones directly from the Soundtrack Player app!